Call for FoodTech / Agtech Startups: International Acceleration Platform
Intesa Sanpaolo is seeking new technology startups in the Food and Beverage industry for the 2018 edition of its international acceleration platform StartUp Initiative.
Examples of target applications, better still through Circular Economy business models or Industry 4.0 technologies:
- AGRICULTURE & FARMING (Precision Ag, Regenerative Ag, Characterization of soil, Drones, Sensoristics, Harvesting & Destemming, Vertical/Urban farming, Hydro/Aero/Aquaponics)
- MACHINERY & APPLIANCES (Connected machines, Automation & Robotics, Smart cooking, Embedded devices & IoT, 3D printing)
- SAFETY & SECURITY (Inspection & Diagnostics, Natural Preservatives & Additives, Traceability, Quality control, Big Data, Bio-based packaging, Re-usable packaging, Active packaging)
- NUTRITION & HEALTH (Next-wave protein sources, Functional foods, Novel foods, Superfoods, Eating Disorders & Special Diets, Natural Alternative Sweeteners and Salternatives, Seeds and Feeds, Closing Nutrient Loops, Zero-waste solutions, Waste management, Biodiversity)
- USER EXPERIENCE (Mobile services, AR/VR, Distribution & Delivery, Marketing, Social fooding).
Interested startups can apply by submitting a business plan or executive summary of their project via the organizers’ online application form no later than 30th March 2018.
Applications will be reviewed and screened along five key drivers:
- team and advisors;
- addressable market;
- product and development stage;
- barriers to entry and traction;
Participating startups will go through a coaching and selection process made available at no charge by key industry players and qualified coaches.
The most promising teams will have a chance to pitch their project to a wide audience of financial and corporate investors, significantly improving their fundraising and business development reach.
The program is structured as follows:
- Apr 14-15 Boot Camp (Turin): admitted startups will receive two full days of training delivered by experienced angel investors from California.
- May 3 Deal Line-Up (Milan): trained startups will pitch to a panel of experts (industry players, investors, and researchers), who will provide structured feedback and select the finalists, which will move forward with the program.
- May 10 (TBC) Investor Arena Meeting (Milan): the startups selected at the Deal Line-Up will have 10 minutes to pitch their project to a broad audience of around 150 investors, corporations, and players of the innovation ecosystem.
The organizing partners are working to make this happen during Seeds & Chips, a reference exhibition for FoodTech and Internet of Food which attracts the most innovative startups and relevant ecosystem stakeholders from all over Italy and abroad.
Please be reminded that there is no charge to participate in the program. Selected companies will need to cover their own travel and accommodation. Do not hesitate to contact the organizers through their channels below if you have any questions!
In collaboration with
Links & Contact
Latest posts by Dieter Welfonder (see all)
- Call for FoodTech / Agtech Startups: International Acceleration Platform - 13. March 2018
- Startup Stories: Agtech Champion PEAT Tackles Global Food Security - 6. November 2016